Sunday, November 21, 2010

You must read The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

I am telling you this before I even finish the book myself, because there is something here that makes it not necessary to finish the book before deciding it's good.

Remember how you felt when you first read Maggie Stiefvater.  Come on, if you are reading this, you must have read Shiver, Linger, Lament and Ballad...I know you have.  Anyway, remember how the words sounded almost musical together and you reread some sentences over several times because they were so great--Ok, yeah, it's like that.

“…she still smelled crisp and kind of sweet.  It made me think of flowering trees or something you want to put in your mouth.  The kind of smell you shouldn’t notice about girls who are covered in tragedy…”

I'll post an update as soon as I'm done.  (I'll bet I read until 2am since I must spend time with my family today even though I would really love to drown in this book instead).
~Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment