Saturday, November 27, 2010

Strong female lead anyone?? ---Have you read Nightshade by Andrea Cremer?

If you've been waiting for a vulnerable, yet tough female lead in your paranormal YA genre...I found her...

Get lost in Nightshade by Andrea Cremer like I did.  I could not stop turning the pages even though my crazy children expected me to feed them and stuff--the nerve!!  Although I might have chosen a different naming strategy for the main opposing forces in the book since Keepers (masters), Searchers, and Guardians are rather obvious, she otherwise created an fascinating world to explore and characters I will follow directly  into the next sequel in this debut novel.

Oh, and I finished The Replacement and it was really the best 'Faery Fic' I've read of late.  It reminded me of Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely with a dark, scarily evil faery world hidden underneath the lies and secrets of a whole city.  The story is told from the unique perspective of a 'replacement' child for one that was stolen. 

Someday, if I read with enough deliberate concentration, I will be able to infuse my own writing with some of their creativity.
~Cinnamon

1 comment:

  1. Both sound so good. Haven't been able to start on them yet but can't wait! I bet you have more creativity in you than you think.

    ReplyDelete