Thursday, March 1, 2012


Sometimes I am really stubborn.

I kept reading about how awesome Divergent by Veronika Roth was, but I just couldn't see it from the synopsis.

But, I should know better than to judge a book by it's cover when the blogosphere keeps cheering, because characters that ignite on the page and just plain stellar writing is what it's all about and no synopsis can explain that magic. So, just in case I am not the last person on that planet to read Divergent--Take my advice and go grab a copy...this one definitely helped me recover from withdrawal after rereading the Hunger Games series last week.

What I loved: Tris is small, but strong in will and determination. She is vulnerable even when she commits violent acts out of necessity. The horror of what is required does not escape her.

She falls for Tobias without spending every waking moment focused on him rather than the enormity of the other obstacles she faces. Tobias doesn't fawn all over her or repeatedly declare undying love. He lays his cards out before her with deliberate patience and economy which makes each moment and gesture count all the more.

Favorite quote: Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall. Or turn into liquid. Or burst into flames.

Oh and I have been gone forever because my job got unpleasant, so I went and found a new one and then had to get myself established there. I'm glad to be back throwing my thoughts out to the wind.
~Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment