Thursday, March 24, 2011

Review: A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan

A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan

I LOVED this book!  I stayed up very late to finish reading it.
At first, I thought my failure to develop an immediate emotional connection with the MC  Rose was a flaw in the book.  But, in reality, I was feeling like Rose--disconnected from all real emotion.  This is her journey and the major story arc that I didn’t catch until half way through.  She denies she has feelings or opinions or a personality even, because she is damaged and the consequences of expressing herself have been so dire in the past.
Late in the story, her emotional vault pops open and she begins to evolve into a character we want to love.  Also, there are plenty romantic elements and I can’t wait to know more about Otto, but, in the end, Rose saves herself.  I like that.
This book has a SCIFI flavor, but it’s not heavy on the science.  That’s OK with me.  I really don’t need a lot of details about how statis tubes really work—just enough to understand the premise of the fictional world build around it.
I finished this book a week ago and I’m still thinking about it!

2 comments:

  1. You're like the tenth person whose given this a good review, or said that it kept them thinking.
    Guess it needs to be added to by TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even knew this book existed, but now I'm intrigued! Thanks for the review :D Definitely needs to be added to my TBR pile too. Great blog! D

    ReplyDelete