Friday, October 8, 2010

Just read the coolest first chapter from Across the Universe by Beth Revis!

You have to check it out here .  And, while you are at it..tell about your most awesome adventure.  You could win an ARC!!

Since I've only read one chapter, I can't say for sure if there are sparkly vampires, but I do know that it's YA and SCI FI, so I'm guessing aliens only.  Anyway, I was a Star Trek junkie before the Next Generation and am stoked to find a stellar book that combines my love of science fiction and YA-- which has ruled my world for a few years now. 

On a more personal note, this book gives me hope that there will be a market for my genre jumping work when the time comes. 

I just can't wait to read the rest.

I managed to make it to the writers group this week for the latest news, but I didn't stay to read.  Mostly, because I didn't write.  It's been painful the last couple weeks to get anything on paper and I need to bust out of this sludge pit.  I'm thinking about just skipping around and writing whatever chapter is playing in my head at the moment.  I really haven't found that magic formula yet.  Everyone has to discover their own way to get from the point where characters keep talking in their head to where they live and breathe on the page...ugh.

My second hand quote for the week (Kiersten quoted it at her signing) from Aprilynne Pike 'Give yourself permission to write crap.  Then, make it better.'

I like that.

I can write crap.  THAT, at least, I'm sure of!!!

~Cinnamon

3 comments:

  1. Writing crap is the best cure for writers block, at least for me. I totally agree with Kiersten's philosophy, and used it several times writing my last novel.

    I'm a Star Trek and Sci Fi fan, too. I'd love to see more Sci Fi in YA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a good walk in the countryside has helped my muse, which was rebelling big time this week. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote!! Writing crap is something you must do to move on and write the good stuff! A blank sheet of paper isn't going to write itself!

    I'm a new follower! I'm visiting from over at Colene's place and low and behold today we are both chatting about Beth Revis! I added my fun little piece to the contest and really enjoyed making up my own adventure!!

    ReplyDelete